For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been joking with family and friends that Richard Armitage has been stalking me this year. Here are the facts:
- I live in Leeds, and have done for about nine years.
- Richard Armitage spent three months in Leeds from March of this year, filming for an independent project called “Urban and the Shed Crew”.
- He was filming less than a ten-minute drive from where I live.
- Earlier this year, I made plans with a friend to spend the weekend in London as her “plus one” for a wedding on Saturday. We decided to make a weekend of it, and I distinctly remember saying to her: “I’m sure we’ll find something to do in London on a Friday night!”
- Three weeks later, The Old Vic announced that Richard Armitage would be starring in “The Crucible”, with a run that lasted all summer, including our weekend in the capital. (I bought tickets that day for our Friday night excursion.)
- I went to Canada this summer, to spend two weeks with family and friends.
- Four days after I landed, a news item on my Facebook page popped up, stating that Mr Armitage was in Canada, about an hour’s drive away, for several interviews and promotions for “Into the Storm”.
Okay, I know you’re saying that this is pretty weak, flimsy evidence. A series of ridiculous coincidences that signify nothing. Least of all that Richard Armitage is following me.
But… at least it will be the funniest thing I could say to him after Friday night’s performance: “Richard, you have to stop following me. We can only be friends.”